Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Where were you when I was 7?

I was in an absolutely foul mood just before lunch today, so I went straight to my "happy place", Holt Renfrew (think Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's). Trying on ridiculously expensive shoes and jewelry just makes me feel better and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than therapy.

Anyway, I gravitated over to Links of London where the bracelet that I have been coveting for a while now and might actually be able to buy courtesy of a very generous gift from someone who will remain nameless, resides.

While I was admiring the bracelet on my wrist a gentleman came in to the department looking for a birthday gift for a "young lady". Now "young lady" is a very vague term and he was of a very vague age so of course I listened in. He then turned to me and asked for my help choosing something. We looked at several different bracelets before deciding on a gorgeous gold (18k) charm bracelet with adorable gold and pink enamel charms: ballet shoe, Kelly bag, diamond ring, puppy, teddy bear. Cost: $3,500!!!!!!!!! He had the bracelet and each charm wrapped in a separate box "so that she would have more to open".

I asked what birthday the lucky young lady was celebrating.



The answer?






7

No comments: