Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

Thursday, June 23, 2005

It can be done.

I know, because I have been doing it all day. Walking in flip-flops without making that annoying flip-flop sound.

(I am also aware that I am doing what I condemned others for doing a few short weeks ago --- my rules, I can break 'em)

I am also entirely aware that I made a poor shoe choice this morning but they were practically begging to be worn!! They match my top perfectly and are just about the cutest shoes ever and I haven't had the opportunity to wear them since I bought them at the end of last season --- $200.00 Cole Haan fuchsia and orange leather flip-flops (with a bow) that I got for 90% off (sometimes it really pays to have size 12 feet).

I actually didn't notice how annoying the sound was until I was half-way down the block this morning (running late) and didn't have time to go back and re-think the footwear situation. So I have been making a conscious effort to not make that sound when walking and it is surprisingly easy and why I am now calling BULLSHIT on all those who maintain that "it's not their fault" "all flip-flops make that sound" "it's not that annoying".

It is, they don't and it is, in that order.

No comments: