Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It's all in the timing

Can someone please explain this to me:

Last year I was head over heels about someone. He was seemingly my perfect match, though he just didn't know it. We were/are friends so it could have been awkward, but nothing came of it other than some ferocious flirting on both sides and an interesting situation that came about when we were out one night with a bunch of people and I actually had the nerve to devote the majority of my attention to someone else. That did not sit well with him, but neither did he do anything about it other than pout and generally act like a spoiled child. Fish or cut bait, I say.I got over my "crush" let's call it, and we have continued being friends, no awkwardness, no weirdness.

Recently he has been doing the pouty, spoiled child bit again (not as unattractive as I am making it out to be, really, but I can't think of a better way to explain it) and I was talking to another friend of his today who let it slip that I might be a big part of the reason why his last two forays into the dating world were less than successful. Great, that's what I need, something else to feel guilty about.

I am so done with games and I don't want to play this one. Why couldn't he have been on the same page as me last year and not now?

No comments: