Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Holy shit --- I think she really is a guard dog!!!!!

Maggie is not a barker in that she knows how to bark and does bark on occasion, like when she sits at the bottom of trees trying to convince the squirrels to come down and play (not an effective method, by the way), or when every other dog in the room is barking, but does not bark often. I love and nurture this particular quality.

I sleep like the dead. The running joke in our family is that a bloody marching band could parade through my room while I was sleeping and I wouldn't move.

The two of us together make an easy target for "prowlers". Except for last night. At 4:43 a.m. Maggie sounded the alarm with the most panic-stricken bark/howl/growl I have ever heard. I woke up with a start, heart pounding and in my throat --- WTF????? She was going MENTAL!!!

Last fall there was a black bear sitting right outside my bedroom window and Princess Snoryface didn't even bother to wake up, let alone sound the alarm. This morning, something was definitely going on. There was a "prowler" creeping around between the houses and Maggie apparently scared it away.

Good little watch dog.

No comments: