Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

CYA

When I make a mistake (which, albeit, is a rare occurrence) I am the first to cop to it. I respect those who do likewise and view those who pass the buck as one of the lowest forms of pond scum.

If you loose something or forget to do something or whatever, DO NOT blame it on me. I learned many, many years ago to paper my way through files --- CYA. Document everything so that 5 years down the line when something goes pear-shaped and memories are somewhat fuzzy as to the course of events, there is hard evidence. You have to do this or else some idiot out there will SUE YOUR ASS. So, that being said, don't blame your mistakes on me and make me look like an idiot. Just because you are young and cute and have a pretty face don't think you will get away with it. Remember these three things: I am older than you, smarter than you and know a hell of a lot more than you do.

Also, pissing me off and making me look bad are probably not the way to get me to help you along.

No comments: