Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

Sunday, June 05, 2005

LilyKate

Last night my girlfriends took me to LilyKate for dinner. It's a relatively new restaurant in Yaletown and is my new favourite place. All pink and green but not too fussy. Great food and generous cocktails and a good yet reasonably priced wine list. (Not to mention a special coffee called "The Finnegan"; Cindy had one of those) In a word, YUMMY!!!!

Started with a "Ruby" --- champagne and Raspberry Champbord, a delicious variation on my traditional favourite Kir Royal. Pink and fizzy, what could be better, really?

We shared some sides: potato, tomato and fontina gratin and roasted vegetables. I had a spinach salad avec chevre, two others had the harvest salad and Nicola had wild mushroom and spinach risotto. All excellent.

I am not a huge fan of dessert, but the manager was buying so we got a piece of the house special: coconut layer cake. Heaven!!

It was a fabulous girly evening.

No comments: