Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007, day 2

So far the beginning of 2007 is a whole heck of a lot better than most of the first half f 2006.

My mother commented that I wasn't as "cranky" this Christmas as I was was last. I pointed out that I was not "cranky" last year. The truth of the matter was that I had just had my heart broken by someone I was very much hung up on (I realize now that it wasn't really love), I HATED my job, I wasn't eating and was pretty much crying at the drop of a hat about anything and everything you can think of.

This year it's different --- I love my job, I am eating again and am, quite possibly for the first time in my life since I hit double digits, actually almost happy with my weight and how I look (note that I said almost, 20 pounds or more will make me happy), and am in a relationship with a wonderful man, surprisingly the same one that caused me such heartache last year, that is healthy and honest and well, wonderful.

Here's to a fabulous 2007!

No comments: