Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

Monday, June 05, 2006

I mean why would a man want to date a woman in her 30's anyway?

I was at Nu for brunch on Sunday (which I highly recommend, by the way ----- yummy and complimentary fresh baked mini croissants and demi tassess of French drinking chocolate as an “amuse bouche”, and truly delicious (and non-expensive) brunch offerings, I had brioche toast, home-fries and bacon (need the carbs and grease to soak up the remnants of the JD that someone obviously poured down my unwilling throat Saturday night (that’s a whole other story)), fabulous service and a breathtaking view). I was not all that enthusiastic about going to be honest, skeptical of an “up scale” locale for brunch, wickedly hungover and not really looking forward to one of the expected attendees(who as luck would have it did not end up attending after all), so I was very pleasantly surprised by how yummy and delicious it was. Funny thing happened in the ladies room, however: 2 girls obviously in their mid-twenties were discussing events of the evening before and I gathered from their conversation that the one (pink t-shirt, cargo capris and army hat) was dating a man considerably older and was describing to her friend (very funky orange and red streaked hair) how someone was commenting that it seemed to be a trend to have men in their late 30’s dating younger women. Nothing groundbreaking or earth-shattering there.

However, her next comment was: “I mean why would a man want to date a woman in her 30’s anyway? They are so desperate and all they want to do is get married and settle down”.

!@#$%&^%$#@!!!!!!!

I was sitting in the next stall and honestly did not have the wherewithal to do anything about it (I have mentioned that I was feeling a little less than perfect, right?), but honestly ------ what a truly terrible thing to say, not to mention what a huge (false) generalization.

So I’m asking ---- anyone have an opinion, one way or the other, on this?

No comments: