Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

Monday, August 29, 2005

Decker

On occasion Maggie and I will have another dog to stay while its "parents" are away --- a great way to subsidize the Princess's expensive habits like regular walks with her dog walkers and her taste for organic raw diet. Decker, a "Puggle" (beagle/pug cross) is currently in residence.

I put the food in his dish to hydrate (he eats this special dehydrated organic stuff) before going on our walk last night and he actually stopped several times on the way down the road and looked back as if to say "hey, the food is back there, remember? cause you know the food is back there and we're going this way, away from the food and the food is back there, in case you forgot, seriously, the food is back there, man. Duuuude!!! the foood!!!! back there!!!!!!".

I assured him that his food would still be there when we got back, but he was definitely skeptical .... and then I made him walk for over 3 hours and I swear he was worried that we would never make it back to the food and when we finally did I puttered around the house for a good 15 minutes while the little Puggle kept watch on the mat just below where his dish was sitting.

His relief was almost palpable when I finally placed his dinner in front of him.

Have I mentioned how grateful I am that Princess Maggie is probably the only non-food-obsessed Golden Retriever known to man?

No comments: