Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

diamonds, etc.

A work colleague came over to my desk yesterday and asked: “want to see what Cam (her bf) is giving me for Christmas?”

She then went to a jewellery store’s website and showed me an engagement ring.

Now call me old fashioned or a hopeless romantic or whatever, but I would like to believe that if someone knows me well enough to ask me to marry them that they will know what ring I will love for the rest of my life without my having to be in on the choosing. And beyond that, I just don’t think that one should propose on Christmas. Or Valentine’s Day. Or on any other recognized or Hallmark “holiday” for that matter. It kind of takes away from the spontaneity and specialness of it all.

That said, there’s nothing wrong with finding a lovely blue box tied with white satin under the tree ….

No comments: