Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

Friday, July 07, 2006

Awkwardness

Situation 1 - good friend has recently gotten back together with a PSYCHO ex-girlfriend and they appear to be deliriously happy. Problem is, she is SERIOUSLY PSYCHOTIC and this is not just from how she acted during their relationship the first time 'round --- this comes from independent 3rd parties who know her in a professional sense. Trying to be happy for him, but he just sent me photos from their recent bike trip down the coast and the mere sight of her makes me cringe.

Situation 2 - there is a woman I work with who is most probably in her early to mid 50's. Not to put too fine a point on it, she has a tendency to err on the mutton as lamb side of fashion choices. This does not make her a bad person. In fact, she is lovely and I enjoy working with her. Yesterday she left early for a doctor's appointment which I later found out (quite by accident) was for botox injections. She looks decidedly odd today and I am doing my best not to stare.

I really, really, really hope that I am able to keep that pesky inside voice inside (as it does have a tendency to slip out at THE MOST inopportune moments .....)

No comments: