Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My newest guilty pleasure

I can't believe I am admitting this (ok, so maybe I can) but I am totally addicted to Laguna Beach. In case you're not familiar with it, this is a "reality series" on MTV kind of like the real OC. I wasn't even aware that I got MTV, but flipping around on the rainy holiday Monday I stumbled across it and like a train wreck I could not look away --- and it was an ALL DAY MARATHON!!! I tell you I am hooked. This is some truly good stuff.

Now I wasn't going to actually admit this new found obsession to anyone, but when I arrived at a girlfriend's place Monday afternoon for lunch, she and another friend were watching tv and the first thing she asked me was "have you seen Laguna Beach??". Well kids, that was the end of life as we knew it. We plunked ourselves down in front of the idiot box and lost ourselves in the world of Taylor and Talon, Jason and Jessica, and then Jason and Alex, and Stephen and LC and the Stephen and Kristin and Casey "the new girl" and all that is fun and fabulous in Laguna Beach, CA.

Apparently we are watching season 2 --- I must, must, must get my hands on the dvd's for season 1.

No comments: