Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

How to tell you are getting old, Part I

Yesterday morning I gave my old Sex Pistols t-shirt to a friend's teenage son for his Halloween costume and told him to keep it as chances are I was never going to wear it again. He was thrilled. (not to mention impressed that I had an old Sex Pistols shirt)

I had the Kelly Clarkson* cd in my discman last night on the way home from work (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I should have an iPod, that's coming, but until then I am happy "kicking it old style" with the discman) and was totally loving it.

Then it hit me --- I have gone from The Sex Pistols (Violent Femmes, The Cure, The Cult, The Smiths, etc) to Kelly Clarkson. I AM OLD. SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When did that happen?????

When I got home I put Green Day on REALLY LOUD and felt better.

*shut up --- it's good and you know you like it too

No comments: